Current open career opportunites:
Job Announcement: Health Educator
- Title: Health Educator
- Position: Part-time 20-25 hours a week
- Department: Comprehensive Sex Education Reports
- To: Program Manager and Program Director
- Salary: $14.00-$16.40 depending on experience and education
- Purpose: To continuously promote the ideas of Fresno Barrios Unidos in transforming communities by empowering youth and families through advocacy, education, and wellness. As a Health Educator, you are to be inclusive, respectful, and appreciative of the youth and families that we serve.
Essential Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
- Conduct presentations on comprehensive sex education.
- Counsel youth on reproductive health.
- Recruit participants for reproductive health curriculum.
- Work with program manager to meet goals.
- Conduct clinic outreach.
- Effectively work with culturally and economically diverse individuals and groups.
- Attend professional development trainings and community meetings.
- Participate in organizational and fund development activities.
- Collect and maintain grant records, files and data.
- Grant writing.
- Demonstrate leadership with youth and other co-workers.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with partner agencies.
- Contribute to all aspects of the success of Fresno Barrios Unidos.
- Show up to work on time as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- BA preferred or two years of equivalent working with youth.
- Bilingual (Spanish and/or southeast Asian languages).
- Understand and support the organization’s mission, values, and goals.
- Classroom Experience Experience presenting to large populations.
- Demonstration of strong facilitation and organizational skills.
- Organize work and establish priorities. Self-starter with a high degree of motivation, initiative, creativity, and energy.
- Experience working with youth.
- Good people skills and pleasant attitude.
Additional Background – Preferred
- Knowledge of reproductive health
- Exceptional comfort level with gender identity and youth sexuality
- Comfortable providing unbiased pregnancy options
- Understanding of the social justice issues related to sexual-reproductive health
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team player.
- Comfortable working with at promise youth.
How to Apply
- Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and skills that make you an ideal candidate. Submissions can be sent to the Program Director at David_Bouttavong@fresnobarriosunidos.org or delivered in person during regular business hours 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- Deadline to apply is Friday, November 17, 2017. Office Address: 4403 E. Tulare Ave. Fresno, Ca 93702
Job Announcement: Executive Director
Posted September 20, 2017
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Fresno Barrios Unidos (“FBU”) seeks a full-time Executive Director be based in Fresno, California to lead its organization. Under the direction of the Board of Directors, and in accordance with FBU’s mission, the Executive Director is responsible for the overall management and operations as well as protection of its financial assets while ensuring compliance with board directives and applicable state, federal, and grantor requirements.
FBU is a community benefit organization, located in southeast Fresno, that has been serving the community for over twenty-three years. We have an array of programs and services addressing the needs of the community while being a recognized leader statewide around issues relating to Boys and Men of Color and reproductive justice. Our goal is to provide young people with the skills and opportunities, they need to thrive in their communities and give back. Our approach is holistic, culturally sensitive, and inclusive of all.
Fresno Barrios Unidos transforms communities by empowering youth and families through advocacy, education, and wellness. We are inclusive, respectful, and appreciative of the youth and families we serve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to FBU Board of Directors, the Executive Director shall carry on the general affairs of the FBU. The Executive Director shall make an annual report and periodic reports to the Board of Directors concerning the programs of the corporation. The Executive Director shall comply with all orders from the Board of Directors.
- Provides organizational leadership of FBU through personal, educational, and professional development
- Builds and maintains partnerships and works effectively with the community, nonprofit, and government sectors.
- Administers all human resources aspects of the organization and employees and volunteers.
- Responsible for all fund development, has strong skills in the nonprofit sector, excellent ability to do grant writing, fundraising in support of FBU and its mission.
- Manages all levels of grants and contracts.
- Oversees and manages all accounting functions for the organization including but not limited to auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, and payroll.
- Assists in the development of current and long-term organization goals and objectives.
FBU seeks a candidate with excellent leadership, communication, fundraising, and program development skills. We strongly prefer a candidate with 3 or more years of administrative work experience in a nonprofit with responsibility for fundraising and maintaining sustainability of the organization.
- Require a Bachelor’s Degree, work experience in leadership development, advocacy, and proficiency in computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Preference for Master’s Degree, or supplementary work experience.
FBU Offers medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time off. Salary dependent on qualifications.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We ask that serious candidates submit applications on or before December 15, 2017. The application should contain the following:
- A cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position, your qualifications, what you hope to contribute to the organization’s future;
- A current resume;
- A list of 3-4 professional references with contact information
- A grant proposal sample (no more than 10 pages), or letter to prospective donor, or editorial
Please submit applications by e-mail in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FBU is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions) and sexual orientation.
Please email your resume to email@example.com